• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background and Foreground Issues

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I open my Puppet in Adobe Character Animator and Import the Background (Which I saved as a PNG) and Import my Foreground (Which I also saved as a PNG) they move along with my puppet when I turn my head which I don't want. I want them to remain static and they both have the crown turned on both of them to make them independent. How do I make these two PNG's Static objects so they don't move at all? For some reason the software thinks these assets are puppets. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I was able to get the background to not move by pulling it into the timeline under the puppet but I still cant get the foreground to not move. The foreground is a desk and my puppets arms are suppose to be resting on it. MAde it into an idependent object and even added a stick above the top of it and added a fixed tag to it but it still moves and sways with my character. Does anyone know how to fix this? Can't find a video tutorial out there that helps with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ensure that the foreground and background don't move with your character, making them independent(crowned) is a good idea. As long as they don't have something like the word Head in their name, they won't animate.

You can also remove behaviors from files you don't want to animate. Select the file in the Project panel and use Puppet>Remove All Behaviors. You might want to add Transform back on if you need to resize it. 

If you want your puppet's hands on the desk, you want the foreground in the same puppet as the character. If you post a .puppet file here I'll take a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To have a character sitting behind a desk, there are two approaches I know of.

If the character does not need to move from side to side behind the desk, this is easiest. You basically instead of drawing legs for the character you put the desk there instead. You then pin it down, put a stick along the top edge of the desk, etc. This stops the desk from moving. The arms you just put as a higher layer. Pretty easy, but the person's waist is stuck to the top of the desk and cannot move. If this is acceptable (the character does not move much), this is much less work to get going.

The second approach is harder and finicky. You have inside the Body layer the normal torso and legs etc, then above it the desk, the above it the arms (all 3 are in the Body layer). You make the desk layer independent. You pin the feet of the character to the ground (maybe at around the knees - depends how much movement you want), then you attach the desk to the legs below the pins. A few sticks can always help. The idea is the desk is independent (so it will not warp with rest of puppet), plus attached to part of the puppet that will not move. This causes the desk to not move. If you attach further up, it will move when the body sways. This gives a more natural feel, but is a bit harder to set up. The trickiness is using pins may still result in a little warping below the pins. So the challenge is to nail it down with zero movement.

I would love to hear of other solutions if there are any! E.g. never tried "Free" attachment. Or could a magnet work somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines