• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Image

Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to swap between many background images as I livestream on obs. Is it better to have this images in character animator as a swap set or have them in obs scenes? I assume there is a way to switch between images in an obs scene.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure OBS can do it, and its probably fine. Reasons for doing it in CH would be for situations like "I want to put it in a replay so the character moves in a particular way when the background changes". It you are controlling CH with keyboard triggers for a performance, flipping to OBS to change the background (requiring window focus changes etc) might feel a bit clumsy. But I think it is personal preference. I think both should work fine, it is more which you find more natural when performing livestreams. E.g. do you want a trigger with a replay synchronized to the background change - it might do some visual effect in front of the character at the same time. OBS can probably play a video clip at the same time, but those sorts of issues is what I would think about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for your reply again man. You've been very helpful with my questions and the ones of come across. I think I understand what you're saying here. They can both work but I think CH would be more suited for me down the road because I might want to move both at the same time with replays. I was only thinking about a basic background image swap. I have midi keyboard controller that I knew I could use for triggers in CH. I believe there is some kind of OBS extension for midi hotkeys too. I'll have both programs on my second monitor I think but the idea of going to either one while streaming and gaming wont be very fluid. I thought this was my best option with the midi controller. I've never streamed before so I dont know how often one would have to use OBS once its set up with hotkeys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines