Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Allocation?!

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I've created a puppet on Illustrator, using a template base (empty layers) so all the layers are correct.

Now I'm trying to import it to Character Animator and I keep getting the "bad allocation" error, without any additional details. The puppet doesn't even appear and when I try to click on the layers, the error keeps coming up. I'm desperate, as I've been trying to correct this for four days now, with no success... About to give up, but I really need to make this animated video for a work project...

Can you help me?

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Ok, I can reproduce the error and filed a bug.

Under +Pintas/Head/Background there's an unnamed layer right above the one named "Live Paint" which is really wide. When I delete that it imports without an error. Still a bug, but hopefully that'll get you back to good for now.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try someone like DanTull - can you share the artwork? Sometimes something in it causes the problem. I suggest deleting layers one by one (of a copy) to see if you can identify which one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks for the mention, Alan.

I would definitely be interested trying to reproduce this error internally if possible (and having the ai file is probably a good start).

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! Sent it already maybe it's something simple, but as I'm still exploring this, I can't figure it out by myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can reproduce the error and filed a bug.

Under +Pintas/Head/Background there's an unnamed layer right above the one named "Live Paint" which is really wide. When I delete that it imports without an error. Still a bug, but hopefully that'll get you back to good for now.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stray Path.png

This one ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that was meant as a guide object in Ai you can make it not visible to Ch by selecting it, then choosing View > Guides > Make Guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!! Yes, it was meant as a guide! Imported it just fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you so much! What files do you need? The .ai file only? Where do I send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines