• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad frame drops from going into game

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with my character animator puppet. I'm planning on using obs and gaming along with it. I'll admit it's a complex puppet but it's very clean, simplified and flattened. I get 24 frames constant, even when I'm pushing it to OBS and game running. The problem is as soon as I bring the game on my main monitor as my selected active application, my puppet goes from 24 frames to 5. I have a ryzen 9 5950x and 3080 card. CH only drops to 5 frames when my game is selected. Perfect any other time. Even as a background application any other program besides my game. I've tried giving CH CPU high priority and also GPU high performance priority. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw my puppet size is 1440. I dont think I have many unnecessary behaviors, its very simple as far as behaviors. As far as I know I only use head and eye tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of CH are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not at my pc but Im positive its the latest version. I keep everything up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU support was only added recently, which is why I was wondering what version of the software you're using. Just to rule out the puppet, have you tried running a generic puppet to see what results you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. I will try that when I get home and get back to you. Thank you man. I appreciate your help and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried various generic puppets from the app and they all worked fine. I think compared my project size to a project with one generic puppet. My project size is 528 MB and contains 2,298 files. I think my puppet is way to complicated and large to stream while gaming at the same time and run smoothly. I've spent all year on this and I'm very dedicated to get it working so I think my only option would to have a dual pc stream. One gaming pc and one streaming pc with OBS and CH running on it. What are your thoughts on this? I don't think I'll need a 3080 to run my puppet but maybe you can give me a graphics card recommendation? I believe CH is mostly GPU demanding right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, GPU support is a relatively new addition to CH, so I wouldn't expect too much from it just yet. The two computer solution might be your best bet. You might find something useful here: Tips and tricks for streaming (adobe.com) and here: Stream a scene live (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should mention my game runs beautifully at 1440 res and 140 frames. GPU is only running at 70 percent load too. All while CH is at 5 frames. When I tab out of the game CH shoots back to a smooth 24 frames. I tried capping my GPU max frames and lowering game resolution but no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? At this point I will never be able to livestream using my puppet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man, it's sucks but if you want to game, stream and run CH at the same
time you'll probably want a two pc stream. I have a gaming pc and a
streaming pc running OBS and CH. I find CH to be much more GPU intensive
than CPU. With my 3080 12gb I was actually going just over 100% load while
playing Scum and running CH. Never-ending compiling OBS and streaming on
top of it. Too be honest I have a lot of art in my CH project but only
small amounts are visable at a time with basic head and eye tracking. So
although my GPU isn't powerful enough I still can't imaging why CH is so
intensive. Hear me out though, even if CH was pretty easy to run, it would
not be wise to run a game, CH, OBS and pushing out a stream. This is a lot
of load on even a high end computer and you would have zero headroom. You
would find eventually a two PC stream is just the around the corner. Thats
why it's the favorable set up to experienced streamers. Shoot me a DM on
here for any questions to go about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer.. ok.  That will need to wait until the summer then.  For now for non streaming, I'll just use after effects to sync my puppet to my webcam footage for videos.  Thank you for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines