So I am trying to really get into adobe CH. I am finding a lot of tutorials that show puppet creation and features. All very nice, but they seem to leave me (or I am not getting it) missing some key features.
Barbarasaurus is very cool. I wanted to take the headlines idea and the graphics cards and use those.
I see controls, even say the tutorial on how to ungroup them. I can get into the puppet and see the trigger controls, and see the original items.
I can't seem to find the steps to edit, or create these types of features on my own.
Any pointers to the right tutorial would be very appreciated.
Here is steps to examine how Barbarasaurus's Ticker is working.
Triggers in Ticker swaps set do 2 things: show/hide a layer and play animation in a replay. Here are the steps to examine one of triggers in Tricker swap set.
1) See Triggers panel.
2) Find "Headlines" swap set.
3) Click Headlines -> Tar pit tourists... trigger. There are 3 things listed in "Layers and Replays" area. So those all 3 are fired when you hit "W".
4) Click one of them. It jumps to the layer or the replay associated to "Tar pit tourists..." trigger.
5) "Ticker" and "Ticker/Headline/Tar pit sounds reported..." are layers. So this trigger controls show/hide those layers.
6) "Scroll Headlines" jumps to Replays -> Scroll Headlines. This is pre-recoded animation.
7) To see what "Scroll Headlines" does, remove "Scroll Headlines" in Trigger panel -> Headlines -> Tar pit tourist. Then "W" just shows layers. No animation without the replay. Click play button next to "Scroll Headlines" in Replays. You can now see animation while layers are visible.
To create a replay, you can record something or add keyframes in Timeline, select them (or some), and select one of "Create Replay and Trigger" options from context menu.
This is tutorial for replay feature : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZioGOAt8RE
Hope this helps.
First thank you, extremely helpful. I have taken that help and used it for evil lol.
I chose edit original> then chose the character group, and scooted it over to the left using the left arrow key so it would fit in my scene, saved the file. I did nothing else :).
Looking at the scene, all seems perfectly fine but I hit record...and....
I think this is because you moved the groups/layers in Photoshop, and the handles/tags were not moved in CH. If you open the puppet in Puppet panel and select one of group (e.g. Right Arm), you can see where handles used for behavior are applied.
You can move all handles in CH to fix the issue, but you can avoid that issue to move the group in CH instead of Photoshop.
Steps are here:
1) Import original "Barbarasaurus" which is not modified in Photoshop.
2) Open "Barbarasaurus" in Puppet panel.
3) Select the group you want to change the position, e.g. "Character"
4) In Properties panel -> Layer pane, set position of that group.
I hope it works.
Thank you this worked like a champ.