• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta problem?

Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import chproj to AE but AE refused saying I need to Install CH Beta?

Where is CH Beta?

TOPICS
Download and install , Dynamic link , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the beta version of AE? If so, you need to use the beta version of Ch too if you want to use dynamic link (i.e. direct import without rendering).

Beta versions are available in the "Beta apps" category in Creative Cloud Desktop app (that you use to install the regular builds too). Details here: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/

The title bar of the app window includes "Beta" if you're running the beta version, and the app icon is white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cannot use CH 3.2? I must revert to the, older, Beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ch 3.2 is the current regular release. The Beta is 3.3 right now (though it will soon ship as the regular release).

You can use AE (Beta) with Ch (Beta), or regular AE with regular Ch. This is true any time you’re using dynamic link — you can’t dynamic link the Beta apps to the regular apps, though it’s fine to have both Beta and regular apps installed at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.
So the only CH version that will work with AE Beta is CH Beta (3.3)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes (though even an older Ch Beta like 3.2 would work with the current AE Beta).

To add to the confusion, last night 3.3 shipped as the regular Ch. Soon Ch Beta will switch to being 3.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines