• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blinking lights on puppet Xbox

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Dave Werner create the blinking lights on the puppet Xbox. I exported the three layer of lights to my character and gave them a cycle layer behavior and nothing happened.

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest going to his site at okaysamurai.com and downloading the puppet to see how he does it. Cycle layer should work, I wonder what's missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did download the puppet and copied the lights to my puppet; but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is the cycle layers behavior set up in exactly the same way as this screen shot? The default settings will not work as you want them to.  

Start Immediately, cycle ContinuouslyStart Immediately, cycle Continuously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also interested in this, I downloaded the puppet, but I can't open it in photoshop so I can't see how it works.

Is there any tutorial on how he did it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no tutorial that I know of, but @oksamurai is a regular visitor to these forums, he might be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I did a tutorial about this a while back: https://youtu.be/ja7bVr4kHCU?t=1111

You can open any puppet file by opening up Character Animator and going to File > Import and opening the .puppet file. In Pro mode, you can click the PS icon in the project panel to open up the original PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG thank you for responding, I've been searching forever through your vids, I've finally got time to delve into this so will give this a try!

Thank you so much I was wondering why I couldn't open it.

Can't wait to share my character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines