• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body Track Behavior Doesn't Look Natural

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16uBUSBPNSQ6zlYmJKzab7Zr9GrCMFS5R?usp=sharing

Hi everyone. My boss wants to work on an animation series project and wanted me to learn this program. But after i finished my first puppet, he literally hated it. 😞 He told that there is no way to work with a puppet like this cuz it wouldnt have consistency if we would try to make records with it. It takes a minute for it to break down and give us impossible weird poses. The joints and especially the arm movements goes uncontrollable sometimes. Pls can you check it out what is wrong with it? I'm so heart-broken that it went that bad 😞 I tried to play with the rigging and the limb ik behavior but still couldn't make it work well.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-27 at 02.01.11.jpeg

TOPICS
Camera , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest looking at the troubleshooting tips in this video.

(89) Body Tracking (Adobe Character Animator) - YouTube

In addition to the rigging suggestions in the video, be aware of how he's moving his arms and legs in the examples - broad motions seem to work best. Keep your body at the proper angle. Don't forget the importance of lighting and contrast. Finally, make sure to calibrate whenever the puppet seems wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear i watch this videos over and over. I googled it for pahes, read everyones problems, try to reach out some people. I don't know what am i missing. And you are the first person answers me so pls can you check my puppet. 🥺 you are literally the last hope of mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Body tracking is still very new so it's going to be difficult to find experts. I'm definitely far from being one myself. I'll try to find some time to look at it in the next day or two, but I can't promise anything. Please be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thanks a lot :heart_suit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for more precision, I would turn body tracking off and focus on rigging for draggers and replays instead. Body tracking is fun, but can be difficult to perform consistent moves with.

Overall the puppet looks great to me. I think the biggest issue right now are the arms - because of the setup with the extra fixed handles they don't bend too well. And the way the lines are drawn doesn't look great when bent in all positions. I would maybe rethink either the art and/or rigging of the arms to be more like an example character you like, such as Chloe from the home screen.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg I was trying to find a way to reach you out about this problem. I put those extra fixed handles cuz i was trying to limit the movements that i see on body tracking 😞 Now after your comment, i think that weird poses (like its getting electric shock) are about the camera. Like light or something. Its just my boss doesn't believe me lol. IM GLAD THAT IT LOOKS GREAT TO YOU, I LEARNT IT ALL FROM YOU 🥰🥰 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines