• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body Tracking works but is very sluggish. The characters movements are very slow and not keeping up.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Tull the Cat and Hopscotch to test Body Tracking. I follow Dave Werner and his video on Body Tracking. I know my room is big enough and bright enough as per his instructions. I followed Dave exactly. And since I am using Tull and Hopscotch I know the characters are rigged properly. However, the body tracking is so slow and not keeping up with my movements. All the other behaviors are working just fine. It just the body tracking. Dave mentioned that body tracking takes up a lot of processing power. So I am wondering if that is my problem. I have the latest version of Windows 10. I am not sure if I need to change some setting or increase virtual memory or what. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?  

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that your system isn't sufficient or that you have something running in the background that is taking up resources. Attached is the minimum system requirements for CH. Also, are your files local? CH doesn't work verywell with files on the cloud or a server.

Adobe Character Animator System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd check the system requirements and see how you stack up. If even the simple first stick figure character from adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker isn't running smoothly, then yes, I think it's a hardware limitation. I noticed a dramatic difference in body tracker performance when I upgraded my 2016 computer to a 2021 version (Macbook Pro for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Body Tracking as huge latency for me as well. It makes the feature unusable. It takes 3-5 seconds for Character Animator to raise the puppet's arms above its head. I close everything else on my PC, and tried setting the resolution of the scene to 640 x 480. It didn't make any difference.

My laptop seems to meet the minimum requirements.

Laptop: Dell Latitude 5480

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 

Core(s): 4 Logical Processors

Installed RAM: 8 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 11 GB

I don't know what I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Body Tracker requires a moderately fast and recent GPU. It does look like you need a faster machine with a DirectX 12-compatible GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the DxDiag untility, and my laptop is indeed running DirectX 12.

I guess Character Animator's posted minimum requirements must be out-of-date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meeting the minimum requirement does not guarantee a comfortable experience using all Character Animator features. Though your hardware may allow you to do some basic animation with lightweight puppets, it could still struggle with Body Tracker which is one of the most compute-intensive features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines