• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body turns opposite direction of head HEAD & BODY TURNER

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "Ninja" puppet as my guide, I attemted to set up head and body turns for my puppet. Everything appears to be tagged correctly, yet my body still refuses to turn in sync.I need this puppet to be able to move as smooth as possible so I can track movements for a music video. Any help would be appreciated, I'm like 11 hours in trying to troubleshoot this.

TOPICS
Bugs , FAQ , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want more movement you should restructure to 

Head

- Right Profile

- Right Quarter

- Frontal

- Left Profile

Body

- Right Profile

- Right Quarter

- Frontal

- Left Profile

Make sure the head and bodies are tagged using the faces in the properties. 

20220612_151147.png

  and give the face and body separate Head and Body turners

The head and body should be able to rotate independently of each other while tracking 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gonna give that a try now, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks! Also does the Head and Body Turner need to be added to the main puppet as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also do you mean the actual Body and Head groups need the Head and Body Turner, or the individual profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my setup I think it auto generated a face and body turner on the puppet that I didn't touch and it drives my head. Then I added a second head and body turner to the body group, and changed that one to be controlled by Body rotation. 

In record mode there should be two head & body turner properties 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20220612_200952.jpg

Almost there.  I forgot to mention body tracking needs "body" and "limb ik" behaviors added to the root of the puppet. Make sure you have those then change the property i have circled to body rotation. 

Looks like your heads are tagged backwards. Check the head layers make sure the blue face is looking the same direction as your art.

Once all that is done you can enable body tracking and the body rotation should work independently from the head. 

If this runs too slow on your laptop you don't need the body tracking. In that case you should keep that value i have circled the same. I would keep the head and body turner associated with the body disarmed and do a second recording with everything else disarmed and use your head to control the body rotation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked! thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines