• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body will not stay "fixed", head moves entire body

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am driving myself to insanity trying to figure out what is wrong with my puppet. She is based on a previous version that had no issues, which of course means nothing in the world of animation. I have tried making the head independent, body independen, making neither independent, making BOTH independent. I am out of ideas. I tried tags, behaviors. I am very new at this so I may just be missing the obvious.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

If you made the head independent, but the webcam moving the head is still moving the body, i would check for a stray head tag on the body somewhere. If you look in the Face behavior, there are some collapsed Views and Handles sections - ex-and these and you should see the layers the behavior has latched on to. If it picked one in the body that might explain it.

'Also, feel free to share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy of the puppet here. That can help a lot spot common problems.

The correc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you made the head independent, but the webcam moving the head is still moving the body, i would check for a stray head tag on the body somewhere. If you look in the Face behavior, there are some collapsed Views and Handles sections - ex-and these and you should see the layers the behavior has latched on to. If it picked one in the body that might explain it.

'Also, feel free to share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy of the puppet here. That can help a lot spot common problems.

The correct answer I think will be body NOT independent, and head independent. But stray tags can mess things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will absolutely try that. Thank you so much for responding. Looking at the old posts, most were from like 2017. I didn't think anyone would answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These forums are not as popular as Illustrator, Photoshop etc, but there are about 3 requests a day on average from the stats I have seen, and over half get answered. So not super active, but certainly a lot of traffic after 2017!!  Glad you got it working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ended up working. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines