• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Break takes relationship between layers? How to turn off?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to stop the tail of a take layer from automatically moving the head of another take layer? Currently if I have 2x 30 sec takes for head turner, I want to be able to trim the first take from 0-10 and the second take from 20-30 but CH won't allow this. I have to manually drag take 2 out of range of take 1 and then drag back to break the relationship. Is there an easier way to turn off this behavior? I get why it would be handy, but much like FCPX's magnetic timeline, it can also impede productivity when a user need to target specific segments of each take.

Thanks!

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that before I drag take 2 back, I have to actually trim it or else CH will not break the relationship with take 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Edit > Split to break a take into more segments - I think that will solve your issue.

In general, the top take always "shadows" the lower takes because the typical workflow is that users tend to fix or make something better with each consecutive take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have created the takes they are all selected so this is why the Trim operation works on all of them. To stop this happening simply deselect the takes that you don't want to be affected by the Trim. It may be worth filing a feature request to have the selected takes be more obvious as visually I don't think it's clear enough that they are selected.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines