• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bringing Illustrator Brush Strokes & Other Effects Into Character Animator

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a character in Illustrator for later use in Character Animator. The brush strokes that I am using in Illustrator are only coming into Character Animator as regular pixel strokes.

See below for an example. Also, the effects on the shirt in Illustrator are only showing up as a single solid color in Character Animator. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

prop-ch-brush.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all illustrator features work in CH. I don’t know where a formal list is kept. You could try “smart objects” - I think in some cases that has helped. It seems to cache the rendered form so CH does understand that. ... I think.

Worth a try anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the puppet in the project panel and make sure "Render as Vector" is unchecked in properties panel. Not all Ai features are supported in pure vector mode.

https://adobe.ly/2zeBwvk

if that's not working we'd be happy to have a look at the file if you can share it somewhere

--dmw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For brush strokes you can use Expand Appearance ( in Illustrator ), and most effects can be rasterized pre-CH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines