• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with Walk Behavior

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried to set up a walking character with 3 views (Standing, Left Profile & Right Profile) in the current version of Character Animator (22.1.1)? I have set up a walking character with 3 views (Standing, Left Profile & Right Profile) and because I prefer using the Walk Behavior in the "Left & Right Arrow keys" mode, I've noticed that the character is not turning back to frontal anymore (when the button is released). More than that, even though it is set to work with 3 views, it walks back instead of turning to the other direction. If I continue to press Reset and then press the arrows again, once every 5-10 times it is starting to work fine, then the bug occurs again and again. Also, I saw a flickering when the character was walking. Another thing I noticed is that when the button is released, it does not switch back to the standing view, but if I do not press anything, after approx 10 seconds, it switches back to the standing view. I've checked everything that could be wrong by my mistake and found nothing. Any advice/suggestion is welcomed.

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed an older version of Character Animator to be sure this issue does not occur because of  my error (V4.4), but since the project was created in version 22, it can not be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any replays that are being triggered when you walk in one direction or the other? If so, depending on how it’s set up, they may be "keeping a foot in the door" until the replay finishes.

BTW, since we added the position-based walking mode, we recommend that because it gets reproducible results when you scrub around the timeline. The arrow-key method gets confusing when you jump around in time — but it’s still useful for live streams where you don't use the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines