• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building new PC, is CPU or RAM speed more important for CA?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A project i'm working on is incredibly slow rigging and doing basically anything inside CA. I can probably go with i7 3700k with DDR5 ram or i7 3900k with DDR4 ram as they work out to roughly the same price. 

I know it depends on the application in question but I can't find any info on what CA benefits from the most, can anyone offer any insight into this?

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am by no means an expert on system specifications, but I can tell you I am using a desktop system that is optimized for engineering (CAD, etc.). Here is a link to the system requirements for CH, so maybe that will give you a place to start. Adobe Character Animator System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, unfortunately the system requirements don't give any indication as to what is most important and I think I read something about Indesign and Illustrator having strains on very different parts of a PC (or 2 programs that I would have assumed wouldn't be that different)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, funny thing about that. I have an issue with ARM support on my tablet and Photoshop installs fine but Illustrator won't even give me a chance. I'll see if I can run down the specs on this system for you, but know it's a desktop optimized for engineering use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, the options should read i7 13700 or i9 13900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines