• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CA finger motion capture ? (leap motion)

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know someone already tried to manipulate the hand and fingers using 

the leap motion, with what I see he tried but it didn't work well

I tried to manipulate the hands using the trigger keys, touch screens

but it was difficult to make my puppet to move "naturally" 

So I request Adobe to implement finger capture using leap motion or (another mocaps ... but leap motion is the cheapest as far as I know) in the future 

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this!

Or even have special anchors you can put in the puppet that are linked to different Leap Motion elements (fingers, hands) and "drag" the parts of the puppet following the movement of the LM.

For example:

- Having a LMRightHand Anchor that would be dragged vertically and horizontally following hand motion in LM

- A LMRightIndex anchor to move another part or a subpart of the Hand object (not necessarily... for example a 10 tentacles monster could have all its tentacles moving following my fingers individually)

Since CH is mostly 2D, we could completely ignore the Z axis of the LM and still have a lot of fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this with two Vive VR hand controllers. What I did was put a Tranform behavior (not a dragger) on the hands and then wrote a program to convert the htc vive motions into midi events. Each midi event has a velocity, so i wired them up to x, y, and rotation. (unlike draggers, you have to do rotation as well if using transform behaviors). i wrote some notes up at https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/09/28/midi-and-adobe-character-animator/ - so if someone knows how to write a program to read leap motion controllers, it's pretty easy to generate midi events and then wire them up to Ch. So can experiment to see how well it works first.

But if you want to submit a feature request, there is a link at the bottom of the forum area home page i think to submit official feature requests. Others can then vote for them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://youtu.be/QV_fZVW3y_I - a longer video showing rotations going as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines