• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can a behavior be edited after it has been recorded

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recorded a puppet playing a snare drum.  during playback, I noticed an additional hand trigger position I want to add in the middle of the animation.  can I insert the new behavior into a previously recorded piece OR do I have to rerecord, inserting the additional hand trigger position?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

You can certainly lay new recordings on top. Very common thing to do (unless you are perfect first time every time).

If its just a trigger, you can go to the timeline track recording for triggers, zoom in to make it easier, but right click and it will tell you the available trigger names for that track. You can pick one then stretch it out and move it around doing drag and drop. It starts really small, which is where zooming in helps (so you can grab the edge more reliably).

If a dragger, you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly lay new recordings on top. Very common thing to do (unless you are perfect first time every time).

If its just a trigger, you can go to the timeline track recording for triggers, zoom in to make it easier, but right click and it will tell you the available trigger names for that track. You can pick one then stretch it out and move it around doing drag and drop. It starts really small, which is where zooming in helps (so you can grab the edge more reliably).

If a dragger, you can create a new recording over the top of the old recording. It appears as a new layer in the timeline panel. To smooth the transition in, you can do “blends” where you grab the little square box at the top at the start and end of a recording (e.g. if you recorded a second of hand movements, that one second recording will have blend handles at the start and end.). If you drag out the blends you will see a curve shown - it uses a bit of the old vs new position information to more smoothly move the hand etc between the two locations. (The worst bit here is when you arm the dragger behavior, you cannot see where the hands where before. So its a bit more guess work to get things to line up. However, you can overcome this as well by adding a second dragger to the puppet - when you arm the second dragger, the first dragger values are still visible. It will effectively average the values between the two dragger recordings if both are trying to move the same drag handle.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The right click tip solved it.  great shortcut.  thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines