• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone give me their opinions on whats going on here?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive been having some issues with slowing down of the RAM preview and rendering, and i want to know if theres any work-arounds, or do i need to upgrade my ram? I made a video showing the issue and what ive done to try and make the program run better, but i wanted to ask you guys before i go out and buy more sticks of ram... and will buying more ram even make a difference.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me,

-Andrew

Heres the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8x6uccAJA4&feature=youtu.be

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Okay Samurai helped me out through youtube, the puppet DPI was set way too high, i lowered it to 72 and everything is running nicely now

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Samurai helped me out through youtube, the puppet DPI was set way too high, i lowered it to 72 and everything is running nicely now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, 5218x4320 is a pretty big scene size for Ch (at that size, each frame is ~90MB). But AE can handle it, especially if you lower resolution setting like you did.

I can't promise, but I do think that you'll see better performance with more RAM. But you may also need more RAM in your GPU (Ch uses the GPU for its compositing).

First, try setting your scene size in Ch to match your AE comp size. 3480x2160 is about one third the memory size per frame. You can scale down the puppet to fit using the Transform behavior.

P.S. posting a screen recording like that is very helpful for diagnosis!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or instead of 3480x2160, since your puppet is tall not wide, you could do 1800x2160 or so. For head-shots, if you scale up in Ch (using Transform behavior) instead of AE you can avoid it getting blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines