• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Character animator import a video as stream?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to import an existing video and animate the puppet with it instead of recording in real time with my camera. Is that possible? Thanks! 🙂

TOPICS
Camera , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean using a video file instead of a webcam to control the face etc? I don't think CH supports that natively. You would have to get a virtual camera application that supports it so it appears as a camera source to CH. If you get it to work please share your findings here! Some people have mentioned "ManyCam" in the forums in the past, but I don't recall if they got it working or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a solution for this?  I'm also looking to do this for an upcoming project.  My previous workflow was to take the audio from the voice actor and process it to make the lip sync.  Then record my face trying to express to the same timing of the actor.  It's actually pretty difficult sometimes!  It would be awesome to have as a feature in CA to import prerecorded video with audio to record as a take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching the forums for "manycam" - I do think some people got it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Alan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, as alank99101739 said, Manycam is a good option for this.  Even the demo version works, as the watermark doesn't really affect your output to Character Animator.  Just load a video file up in Manycam, press record in CH, and hit play in Manycam.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines