• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I adjust Walk cycle for 3/4 character?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've looked everywhere and tried everything but I cannot adjust the walk cycle built in behaviors in Character Animator. Is there a way to adjust for 3/4? I figure what's happening is that it's default is a side profile character so my right front arm is pulling way forward. I've tried sticks as well. I know I can't be the only one this is happening to lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gayle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The walk behavior settings treat the left and right arms differently because, I think, the arms are located wider apart than the typical puppet setup with only side views. It seems to have nothing to do with how the views are tagged. I haven't been able to find any adjustments to the rigging that makes any real difference.

The legs seem not to have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Walk behavior is currently tuned for a true profile view. If you post your .puppet file, I can try a few things. Here's what I might try:

Use left tags on the right arm(not sure if this would work, may require some interesting use of tags). Use two walk behaviors and have one Walk behavior only control the right arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines