• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I animate a Fuse CC character with Character animator?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used these programs from Adobe, but I have the interests to create character, and do a simple animation of the character.

The animation would be a simple as somebody sitting or standing and talking about a product for about 30 seconds. 

I would need a background such as inside an office or fatory warehouse. 

What do you guys think would be the best program to create a custom made character and create some talking animation for a few seconds?

In previous projects I have used a video maker by Toonly, but if I could custome create a character with the features that I want (even better in 3D) and be able to do a short talking animation with a certain background, that would be very, very nice to do.

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean adobe Fuse? it creates 3D models. There is no support i know about. You might be able to create screen shots from it and then automate that, but you would be creating the puppet etc yourself. You could try the "characterizer' feature in character animator maybe... never tried it.

Anothe way to go is to buy a puppet. Some people create and sell them. I don't have a list (try google!) but i used one from GraphicMama before for a short promo video for my wife's work. I am not an artist, so not very good at drawing! lol! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized i did not answer all your questions.

Backgrounds are a pain. You can find a picture on google etc (look for creative commons or similar to avoid stealing copyright images - is it unsplash that has free images?). But again, you can buy them online in packs sometimes.

For a series I did I used Unity3d and bought things from the asset store so i could get different perspectives of the same location. But it was not easy - a bit of messing around.

Character animator can certainly do a talking head etc for a few mins video. There are other options, but i have no real experience with them to recommend one over the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information.

Creative Commons seems to offer some stuff I could use.

Since I don't use these programs I don't have much idea of what I can do with them and how many things I can create with them.

Fuse CC lets you create a 3D model figure, but doesn't tell you much of where or how you can animate it.

Character Animator seems to have some 2D character that you could animate, maybe you can drop a background that would be enough.

There is a bit more exploring I need to do with both programs.  Surely I would like to have the fexibility with Fuse CC to do the things you can do with Character Animator.

Thank you much for your info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Adobe does not have much you can do with the 3D characters (at least not at the moment). You can pose them for including in other artwork, and that is about it. What you can do however is use a 3rd party package like Unity 3D to include them in a game etc. But they are beyond what I assume you are trying to do. They are very powerful (and hence somewhat complicated to use).

It would be kinda fun if Adobe created a tool to take Fuse 3D characters and automatically generate a puppet from it. They have characterizer, so why not... um... Fuserizer!  (I don't think there is much demand however. I tend to use cartoon like artwork with CH, not 3D artwork.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to YouTube some videos on how to use Adobe Fuse into Photoshop.

Seems like you might be able to animate Fusion characters in photoshop... lots of things I could do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the 3D world, 3D characters can have animations to move the character. So what it allows you to do in Photoshop is pick an animation (like walk, jump etc) then scrub through the animation to pick the frame you like. That static image can then go in your artwork.

Unfortunately Character Animator uses a completely different approach for animation. It is more of a 2D animation approach, designed for cartoon like characters. The best you can do is take a static image of your 3D character then rig it as a puppet in Character Animator. It would be nice if that was automated from a Fuse 3D mode, but that is not supported. But yes, it would be nice to turn a Fuse 3D model into a CH puppet with expressions, visemes for voice, eye movements, etc. But to my knowledge it is not supported and I don't think has had sufficient demand that I would expect it to be supported any time soon.

If you want to do animations similar to what you see in Photoshop from a Fuse model, that is where packages like Unity 3D come in. Its a game engine really, but you can also create movies etc from it. Its just pretty complex to learn and has nothing to do with Character Animator (or Adobe) any more. 

Maybe there are other packages available as well, not sure. But Character Animator at least cannot process 3D models, and the Fuse in Photoshop work is to allow you to pick a frame from an animation in the 3D world. The end result is a single frame, not the animation itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines