• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I morph a character's clothes or hair?

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on a Macbook Pro using Character Animate CC. I'm trying to create a short Cartoon with a couple of characters in it.

Is it possible to morph a character's Clothes or Hair?

Could you point me to relevant documentation?

Thank You.

Regards,

Rajnesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Just tossing some other ideas out there to add to the mix.

• For hair, another idea is to use hair dangles in combination with recording a gravity direction blend. Change the gravity from downwards to upwards so the hair goes up behind the head. Not sure how reliable, but it might work.
  • An easy way is to have two sets of clothes, put a Transform behavior on them, then record an Opacity blend to fade out one set and fad in the other set (like Jerry did with the hair earlier in this thread)
  • But you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use cycle layers to morph in small steps. Look here Adobe Character Animator Help | Control puppets using behaviors

You could also use the opacity behavior to do it smoothly. Another hair group behind would bring up a new style

Morph.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go watch this video
Using physics on hair may be what you want
Physics - Adobe Character Animator CC Tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tossing some other ideas out there to add to the mix.

• For hair, another idea is to use hair dangles in combination with recording a gravity direction blend. Change the gravity from downwards to upwards so the hair goes up behind the head. Not sure how reliable, but it might work.
  • An easy way is to have two sets of clothes, put a Transform behavior on them, then record an Opacity blend to fade out one set and fad in the other set (like Jerry did with the hair earlier in this thread)
  • But you can add to it - have another “glow” layer so you fade that in, swap the clothes behind, fade out the glow layer.
  • If you want true morphs, you could export the before and after clothes as PNGs (not the rest of the puppet) and feed into After Effects to do a true morph - How to Morph PNG Images - After Effects Tutorial - YouTube - then export a PNG Sequence from AE (AME can export videos as PNGs with transparencies) then load those PNG frames up as a cycle layer in CH. That one could be kinda cool as it might allow you to have the clothes moving during the morph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried a few simple things with morphing clothes. Project Wookie, Episode 24: Morphing into Super Wookie! - YouTube

Sorry for the terrible sound quality - I must have clicked some button and changed a setting without realizing. The last few recordings are terrible for some reason! (Groan) More re-recording I think may be needed (sigh!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines