• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I View Movement from Previous Takes While Recording?

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to record the movement for both arms of a character.

First I record the movement for one arm. But when I want to record the movement for the other arm, Ch doesn't show the movement for the first arm while recording.

How can I see the movements recorded during the first take, while I record additional movement for the second take?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

When you arm the dragger to record the second arm, it hides the recording for the first arm. The only way around this that I know if is to add a second dragger behavior to the puppet. Then arm the first dragger for the first arm and make a recording, then disarm it and arm the second dragger for the second arm. This will play back showing the first arm movements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you arm the dragger to record the second arm, it hides the recording for the first arm. The only way around this that I know if is to add a second dragger behavior to the puppet. Then arm the first dragger for the first arm and make a recording, then disarm it and arm the second dragger for the second arm. This will play back showing the first arm movements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you look at the puppet in the rigging view, in the puppet hierarchy at the root you will find all the default behaviors. It’s sort of a bit wired - you click above the column headings. But over to the right you will see all the default behaviors.

You can then add new behaviors by clicking the plus symbol. You just click plus then select the dragger behavior. You can then rename them (right click I think) and call one left arm dragger and the other right arm dragger, as a helper for yourself.

when you go to the puppet in the scene window afterwards, you will see two behaviors listed now. Arm one at a time when recording.

if that does not make sense still I will boot up the computer later tonight and take screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines