Exit

Can't export from Character Animator 2.1.1 to AME 12.1.2 in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character 2.11

AME 12.12

I'm using the most recent versions that I can Install. The very latest are not compatible with my Mac.

When I try to export an animation I've made I get a small message saying "Open AME" but it is already open. I've tried quitting and restarting the apps but it's still the same.
I've tried looking online for the answer without luck so I'm guessing it's not a common problem.
Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.12.18.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.12.30.png

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Bugs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Dynamic link works only when both of the applications are from one release cycle. I read the description. AME 12.1.2 is from AME CC 2018 version and Character Animator 2.1.1 is from CH 2019 version. I'm assuming that this is the reason which is causing the issue.

Which macOS are you using?

I'd recommend you to update your OS(if it is not updated) and the update the Adobe applications as well.

The latest version of AME is 14.0.1 and Character Animator is 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Dynamic link works only when both of the applications are from one release cycle. I read the description. AME 12.1.2 is from AME CC 2018 version and Character Animator 2.1.1 is from CH 2019 version. I'm assuming that this is the reason which is causing the issue.

Which macOS are you using?

I'd recommend you to update your OS(if it is not updated) and the update the Adobe applications as well.

The latest version of AME is 14.0.1 and Character Animator is 3.0.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having the same issue. I create a scene in Character Animator  (3.4 Build 185) and proceed to export it to AME (14.8 Build 31) and it just hangs. The scene is less than 1 minute long. (first time I did it I let it run for 1.5 hour in AME as it was stuck on "exporting video")   I am using a Mac running 10.15.7.  I typically run all programs pretty quickly on my machine and I am sure it is not a performance issue.  I also tried to import the project  to AE and Premiere Pro and I cannot see the scene rendered in any of them.  Scene plays beautifully in CA though.  Is there a step in CA I need to do that is preventing my scene from rendering in other programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....not to beat a dead horse, but I wanted to expand on my issue and hopefully provide more insight in hopes of solving this issue.  As of this moment I have tried to export my scene from CA to AME using the latest Official version AND the Beta version and both have been running for over 7 hours with no resolution in AME ( Official and Beta respectively) I am running this on an iMac with 3.4GHZ Quat Core I7 processor with 32gb Memory.   I am a bit surprised that I have not seen this issue come up on the forum as I am experiencing it.  And I hae actually exported a Cartoon successfully  last year (July) using the program.  This is my first cartoon from scratch though and I must say I am pretty proud of the results, it actually looks great so far in CA.  I just cannot get it to render anywhere else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue in 2022....... PLEASE TELL ME U GOT THE ANSWER??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far everyone with this problem (to my knowledge) has solved it by installing compatible versions of Adobe products. E.g. upgrade them all to latest version and no beta mixed in. See earlier in this thread for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest issue with this solution is a practically insurrmountable one for some people. You can only install "compatible versions" where the hardware allows.
I rendered a couple videos and later saw that there was an update to one of the products so I upgraded it. When I tried to use it again it said I had to upgrade the other product. When I tried updating that it said it was incompatible with my comptuer. So I have the last versions of both products that would run on it and they won't work toegther. And, I haven't been able to "backgrade" to updated product to one which works.
I would have to replace my computer (which does 99% of what I need on a daily basis) in order to run something that I would use once in blue moon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, they could do a better job of saying which versions are compatible - particularly important for older computers. There is a version of each release that all works together, but I don't know what it is for older versions. What product can you not upgrade and what version is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines