• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get eyebrows to move ... unorthodox character??

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got alittle ways to go w a little "monster" character I'm working with. Right now I'm just trying to get my eyebrows to move with my actual face and right now it just seems I'm moving my head. Not sure if this is all because of the unorthodox "head" of my character or what. I've done some research but have hit a wall. I'm a bit of a noob so I'm assuming my heirarchy will have more than one error but ANY information I can get on what I'm doing wrong starting with the eyebrows would be EXTREMELY welcome.. Thank you so much..

-AC

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

It would have been nice to see what your rigging looks like. A lot depends upon the layer and nesting structure of your character. Here is one of my unusual characters. The eyegrows are independent and also move with the head.

Capture.PNG

 Be well fellow pupeteer - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Platty-

The second to last screen shot i provided in the original post has a picture of my rig..

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not good at English.
So you may not understand your intentions correctly.

1) Make a dummy face layer and rig it like a normal puppet.

2) If the eyebrows move without any problem, hide the dummy face layer.

sample puppet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvci7k3xxvc94bh/edit_What%20I%27m%20sending%20to%20CA.puppet?dl=0

Thank you.

Dummy_face.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just downloaded your puppet file and as you know they are working great!

Thank you very much..

I will look more into the dummy face layer strategy. I was unaware of this tactic. It seems to be a perfect solution to my problem.. Thanks again for taking the time to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines