• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a puppet in Ps

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very very new to this so please bear with me.

I have just started with some tutorials and they tell me to edit the puppet. When I go through the steps, the puppet tries to open in Free File Viewer instead of Photoshop.

What am I doing wrong??

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be something as simple as setting the default program for the PSD file format. Are you using Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest instructions I have seen are remove then reinstall photoshop. The installer makes Photoshop the default for the .psd file extension again. Kind of like a sledgehammer, but easy to explain! 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using windows, there's a really simple solution, but if your using Mac OS, let me know. I'm not an Mac fan, but I can still help. Anyways, asuming you using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc., I've created some steps below.

1. Right click the puppet file, and select "Properties."

j.PNG

2. Beside "Open with:" hit "Change."

teet.PNG

3. Choose your default app from the menu. If Adobe Ph isn't listed, click on "More Apps."

k.PNG

4. If your app still isn't listed, scroll all the way down, and click on "Look for another app on this PC."

w.PNG

5. "C:\Program Files" is the default installation directory. From there, you should see a folder named "Adobe." Double click on it to open it.

i.PNG

6. From there you should see a file named "Adobe Photoshop." The icon may be different for you. Double click on it, and there: Your poppet should open in Adobe Ph from now on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines