• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't record Puppet if it's not moving

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all - I have been diligently following this amazing tutorial https://youtu.be/MUtRnMMOTmo 

But in the Performance Recording and Editing part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUtRnMMOTmo&t=3021s when it says to record the puppet with the arms at rest, I can't get it to work.

It doesn't actually seem to record until something on the character is manually moved.

Sure I'm missing something. Under deadline of course. Any and all help appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Camera , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Nope. Wasn't the Camera - Got the answer from Okay Samurai the creator of the tutorial. Apparently you do have to move the arms to get the recordin to started.

"For the arms, the Dragger behavior will only record something if it senses a change in data. So if you just press record and don't move the arms from their initial position, nothing will record. Sometimes I move them just slightly a pixel or two if need be. But another way to do it is drag a pose, Timeline > Record 2 Frame Take, and exte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check is if the appropriate Puppet Track Behaviors (below the camera) are "armed." If, for instance, you wish to record the face, click on the dot next to the behavior so that it is  bright red and recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere I'm sure I've got something tagged wrong because I don't think the arms are being recognized. Maybe these screens will help? Thank you very much for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything unusual at first glance. Would it be possible to export and upload the puppet to something like Dropbox so we can get a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Is there something more private than this public board?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. I wasn't running the camera - duh. All set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. Wasn't the Camera - Got the answer from Okay Samurai the creator of the tutorial. Apparently you do have to move the arms to get the recordin to started.

"For the arms, the Dragger behavior will only record something if it senses a change in data. So if you just press record and don't move the arms from their initial position, nothing will record. Sometimes I move them just slightly a pixel or two if need be. But another way to do it is drag a pose, Timeline > Record 2 Frame Take, and extend and blend that take into others."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines