• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see current state of puppet if it's armed!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many great things about CH and yet so many terrible things! Rapidly becoming a deal breaker for me is the fact that when you're trying to do anything that involves the equivalent of keyframing (eg record 1 or 2-frame take in CH) you can't see the current state of the puppet if it's armed!
Sure, you can drag the playhead to see it but when you let go of the playhead it reverts to the default pose, which makes it incredibly difficult to set dragger postions accurately.
How are we meant to work like this!!?
If anyone has any tips for getting around this I'd be very grateful...
TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pain, but there is the ability to take a "snapshot" which show up transparent over next frame. Oshiro had a recent video showing it in the last week or so. You hit a function key, move forward, do new frame, snapshot, move forward etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree it's very annoying... for now the only option is do do a snapshot while disarmed.  It would be great if there was a hot key to switch between modes when it's armed - to view either the default position or the current position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines