• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't seem to correctly rig my character

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to make one of my very simple characters into a puppet but can't get things to flow together despite watching every tutorial I could find. I started by using the "Blank" puppet download to keep all of the layers easily swappable, but got rid of many since my character is so simple (dot eyes instead of eyeball/pupil). Is there a chart or anything that might walk me through rigging a puppet from ground zero? Or any advice on troubleshooting would be great, thanks!

PS: I've attached a jpeg of the character in case that helps 

Blank copy.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I can offer any help until I know exactly where you're getting stuck. Is it with the tags? Parts of the face or body? I get the impression that nothing is working. Is that a fair assesment? Or are some parts (like the eyebrows) still working?

Regarding the eyes, when I have a character with dot eyes, I go ahead and create an eyeball part that's the same color as the face. This gives the eyes some freedom to move and adds some more life to the character. Having them blink is just a matter of creating a subfolder with a sort of shutter that trims the eyes to nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines