Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start Character Animator: "Unable to create font"

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 1803 and Ch 1.5 here.

I happily worked with Ch for 2 weeks. Great program.

But starting today, Ch won't start at all, I get an error "Unable to create font".

I uninstalled, re-installed, same thing.

%appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Character Animator\1.5\logs\Character Animator Log.txt is tiny:

Log file created: 09/09/2018 23:33:21

---------------------------------------

Ticks = 0      <6432> <App> <1> Exception thrown at launch: Unable to create font.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Try this thread Character animator won't launch "Unable to create font." for a similar discussion. But as to why it was working and now is not... not sure about that!  But it does sound like the available fonts changed for some reason.

I have not seen a solution by the way - but if you reach out to Adobe Support directly maybe they can help. (Available from links at top of forum pages.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this thread Character animator won't launch "Unable to create font." for a similar discussion. But as to why it was working and now is not... not sure about that!  But it does sound like the available fonts changed for some reason.

I have not seen a solution by the way - but if you reach out to Adobe Support directly maybe they can help. (Available from links at top of forum pages.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks alank99101739​ -  indeed, after downgrading to Character Animator 1.1.1, I can continue to work! Thanks.

Although it definitely helped, I won't tag your answer as the correct answer as I would like to get the latest Ch working properly.

I'm reaching to support now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines