• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you fix a layer to multiple objects & make it stretch/distort/warp to fit?

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two independent but overlapping shapes creating the illusion of two objects in a stretchy cloth bag.  On the two shapes is one image in a different layer (the image on the bag). 

Is there a way to fix the image to both shapes so that the image will stretch/warp/distort as those shapes move/dangle?  I tried applying multiple "fixed" handles over both shapes, but the image only seems to follow the origin of the group (the group the image is set to "Attach To"), rather than distorting as the shapes move.

Thanks!

"Be Excellent to Each Other." William Preston Esquire & Theodore Logan
TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screenshot maybe? For what you describe I would have done a single layer for the bag with image, then put dangles on two places to make it stretch and warp as you move around, or use two draggers to control it manually.

Generally an independent layer cannot modify its parent. And a layer is generally controlled by its parent (and you cannot have two parents). So no, I don't know any way to put an image between the two independent objects and connect to them both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to add, there are various tricks you can do like attach the other objects to the bag artwork. If the background color is all the same, it will look visually like one thing. You can put different dangle tags and even physics behaviors on it (e.g. to change the direction of gravity per dangle!). You could also attach blob objects to the back of the image with a thin rectangle to get it to bounce around more. I am just not sure I understand the visual effect you are after....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines