• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export puppet to AI for edit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Ctl+E to edit my puppet, or even click on the AI icon, it does not open up AI. It instead just makes a duplicate of my puppet, with a loading screen that says "importing artwork".

I tried it with another puppet and the same thing was happening, so it cannot be an issue with the file, but with CH. 

Please Help me to be able to edit my puppet in AI.

TOPICS
Bugs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious! If you go into rigging mode, select the puppet etc, could you try "Edit / Edit Original" from the menu? Does that work? Also, what is the key combination it lists as linked to that menu item? (I think you can edit the key bindings... wondering if it is different for you for some reason...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, one thing to try outside CH is to use the file explorer and double click on the AI file there. Does that open up Illustrator? If not, some other program has taken over the *.ai file binding. You can fix it by hand, or reinstall Illustrator to take ownership of .ai files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines