• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant find saved puppet when reopening Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when starting a new puppet after going back and forth from character animator and adobe illustrator working on it, after i saved it and closed the app when reopening animator to continue working on puppet i cant seem to find the puppet anywhere. I can in illustrator but not in animator as i had it open at first going between apps. Do i save in illustrator as a pdf, ai, or one of the other like ait? Then when opening animator again how to i find it? Do i click file and open recent project, or import, or click scene or another way in history or something? Seems this should be so strait foward and simple to find or maybe im just getting frustrated and making it more complicated than what it acfually is. I basically know how to fully work on the puppet layers and rigging but when it comes to finishing the puppet, saving and/or opening the puppet again to use in another or new scene or even the same scene i am off on. Please if anyone has had this sort of problem or knows where i am going wrong at please let me know. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Character Animator saves files as projects, so that the timeline, etc. gets saved with the puppet. To just save the puppet, use the export feature. CH works with Adobe Illustrator AI file format, nothing special needs to be done. When you edit and save an AI file, CH updates the puppet the next time you open a project. By default, your most recent project should be opening automatically as CH automatically saves your progress. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines