• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CH changes the colors

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using CH with OBS and in OBS I use chroma key with green color. Today I broke every single setting in OBS croma key because I've spotted my character's background was slightly visible. Only after that I spotted that was CH fault. 2018-04-28_01-32-59.png — Yandex.Disk  here you can see that background color is different in PS and CH. I spotted this problem only in 1.5 version, in previous CH I didn't have such problems. How fix that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if I add jpg green background so it looks like it has to, but the color difference begins with PSD and AI files. Colors look dimmer than it has to be. Here is the screenshot 2018-04-28_02-19-34.png — Yandex.Disk  from OBS - on the left side there is the capture of CH and on the ride side is JPG layers saved from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know why the color is playing up. I was more curious how you have OBS studio hooked up - are you doing live streaming? Or pre-recording videos and layering them? How do you hook them together?

I suspect the first (which I have no experience with but sounds fun), but the second there are video formats such as QuickTime/GoPro CineForm RGB with Alpha that you can export to that preserve transparency. That way you don’t need to do chromakeying. (I was reading the Adobe docs, but it is pretty terse, so was not sure how to get CH and OBS talking to each other in practice.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm streaming with OBS. My character is added to OBS by windows capture + Chroma key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks. I had tried OBS with a different program doing window capture but it dropped a lot of frames. I was wondering how well it worked for you. I assume window capture won’t handle transparencies So chromakey makes sense.

Oh, I just found Adobe Character Animator Help | Stream a scene live that had lots of ideas too.

Thx for the reply! I hope it goes well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should use Mercury Transmit for transparency, but I didn't do that yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines