• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ch Green Screen Question

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a studio talk show with Character Animator and I have a TV screen behind to the right of the puppet. It's a green screen so I can put a video clip of whatever history subject I'm teaching. How do I get the video to show up on the TV greenscreen and how do I get it to fit the TV size?

Feature request: If Ch doesn't have the ability to have Chromakey, please add this and make it so we can do like I'm trying to do here - add and fit it to the TV screen.

I included a snapshot of my stage for reference.

Thanks

Mike

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no easy way inside CH - I would do using Premier Pro (if you export a MP4 etc file) or something like OBS Studio (if doing a live stream).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to resize the video to fit the TV screen? Is it possible to scale and place it in Premiere or in OBS even though I'm not live streaming? I see these virtual studios with multiple green screens and can't figure out how to get my video to my TV greenscreen.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell I'm brand new to all this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Prem Pro and OBS can both scale the video clip. If you are not live streaming, I would use Prem Pro (or After Effects). You can warp the video too (if screen on an angle for example).

If using Premier Pro, you also have options like only do the character in CH then do all the background in Prem Pro with video layered on top (no need for green screen then - its just layers). CH can output a video file with transparency (alpha channels), or you can use "dynamic linking" where you drag the scene from CH into Prem Pro and you can add it in as a layer in Prem Pro that way too (does transparency too).

Lots of YouTube videos on Premier Pro (or try in the forums) for more detailed instructions. It depends on how your scene etc is set up. Green screen (chromakeying) is probably what I would do myself to be honest -  it lets me see the background while animating in CH - but it can cause problems if your scene has lots of colors (can you find a good color to replace?)

Another approach is to just leave a transparent part in the background image (needs PNG, not GIF/JPG). Then export video using "export with transparency". Then when you bring into Prem Pro, there will be a transparent gap in the video where the screen is. Just drop your video into a layer under the CH video so you can see it from behind. That way no need to mess with chromakeying at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a tutorial for virtual news sets. This link takes anyone to a tutorial for most editing NLE software. I use Sony Vegas Pro 13 but it has Premiere, After Effects, OBS, and more. It was extremely easy to do and I'm not even live streaming! I hope this helps anyone needing answers about green screens and virtual sets. You can use the virtuals and add a puppet or two. Now, this is getting fun.

https://virtual-studio-set.com/pages/how-to-use-a-virtual-set-tutorials-training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines