• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(CH) puppet question

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question about characters. My question is can you animate a character with vector character sets that have all view. can you animate character with videohive.com, freepik, vectorcharacter.net in CH? If so, is there a video to that have 360 view character examples to see ? If that make sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is CH?

Do you mean Character Animator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I meant character animator sorry. I was wondering is it possible to make a character set animate in CH

for example https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/cartoon-businesswoman-character-template_4175436.htm#page=1&quer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that you're trying to do? You can build out five views for a character:

Left Profile

Left Quarter

Frontal

Right Quarter

Right Profile

Those are using for things like turning the character while walking or turning the head.

If you want to have the character spin around in a 360 motion explore Cycles in character animator. They're basically a preloaded image sequence, which means you could do whatever you want, but you wouldn't say, be able to turn the character around in a 360 and animate the arms at any angle you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably possible, but would take a bit of work. CH needs Illustrator, Photoshop, or image files with transparency. I don’t know if it can load SVG files...

So you may have to do file conversation stuff (try and find some file conversion utility) per character before you can load them in, or take screenshots of large characters then use PhotoShop to remove the background.

Hmm, i would guess illustrator could import the SVG file. It can also probably import a font, then create a text object with a letter in it, then there is probably a way to convert the text to a path for CH to use.

So should be possible, just not trivial (you cannot just load the font into ch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I did not follow the links and was thinking about character set like a font! But you meant a set of character images! Looks like eps files. I would guess you can import into illustrator. Then you would edit the hierarchy into the right structure for CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the different view of the body. Do I have to separate them into smaller pieces for it to look right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out this tutorial on walk cycles. It will show you how the puppet structure works for frontal and side views. The workflow is the same even if you don't want to make the puppet walk: Walking (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines