Change puppet skin colour

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using character animator for the first time and don't know how to change the skin colour on a premade puppet. I have selected the Chloe puppet and want to adapt it to look like my design. Is it possible to simply use the paint bucket tool to change the face/arm colour or is it alot more complex? Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside if you select a puppet then pick "Edit Original" from the menu it will start up Photoshop or Illustrator on the artwork file for the puppet. Yes, you just edit this file to change the look of the puppet. Be careful about changing the grouping structure of the puppet - that can lose the rigging already set up if not careful. But changing colors (and other artwork) of existing layers is fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I have an issue here, when I open the puppet in Photoshop (edit->edit original) I changed the color in photoshop and saved it, but in Character animator still has the original color.

.Any idea ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post sriptum:

when I change a shape it synchs with character animation, but not the color.

I am still struggling with the color.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines