• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes after rigging

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just downloaded the Proteus puppet and was changing the looks in rigging and when I go back to the scene the changes have not "stuck". Do I need to export a new puppet after rigging or something?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends what changes you make. I assume you rigged the puppet, then changed the layer structure? That can get CH confused - it does not understand anything beyond simple changes. More complicated changes it thinks you deleted part of the puppet and created a new part - it does not always bring across the rigging changes. So its important to get the basic structure of the puppet right early on (or be willing to re-rig it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off various eyes nose mouth hair etc to customize  it the way I wanted but the changes do not stay when I go back into the Scene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different changes you can make - to property values, to the artwork hiearchy structure, etc. Could you describe what you are doing with a bit more detail? Maybe with screenshots if not too hard. (E.g. use snipping tool on windows and then paste directly into the text area here when responding.). E.g. if the red dot is on and the property is armed for recording (but you don’t do a recording) then the values will be lost. But not sure if that is what you mean or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to Character Animator, I put some videos up at https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ if any help. They might have some tips and tricks that are useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines