• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing rest pose from T pose to hands by sides

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I've got a bit of a conundrum at the moment. I've got a character in a T pose for the bones setup but now I want the main pose to be with hand by his sides. However 'return to pose' obv seems to flip the hands back to the T pose. Is there anyway to change the 'base' pose so CA recognises the pose I designate as the default 'rest pose'? Apologies if thas has been answered before or obvious but Im struggling to get this to work. 

Currently Im using 'hold in place' and manually returning the hands to to their 'rest pose' and makes the wrists super floaty. 

Many thanks in advance. Bone setup attached. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you use a replay with a trigger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks I'll give that a go, I wasn't familiar with them.

Seems odd that you can't create a default 'pose' other than the artwork standard, obv aT pose was created so the it would reduce stretching when raising an arm above the character head etc. I would assume most characters would be done this way (similar to 3D) so you can create the maximum rande of arm movement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree.

You COULD use a replay trigger, but if there was a "Set rest position" feature, then arm draggers would work better too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines