• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Template Puppet PSD File

Participant ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded the "Blank" PSD puppet file from Adobe into an iPad app that supports thge PSD format.

I only drew in the existing layers. No layers were deleted or renamed.

When I saved the edited PSD file and saved the file over the original Blank.PSD file in the CH project, the character was changed with the new artwork, but it was no longer able to move.

What did the PSD file lose by being edited and resaved, even though all the same layers and their names remained?

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.14.10 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside Ch, in "Rig" mode (see the top of the page). It should show a rigging hierarchy. Could you show a screenshot with the hierarchy expanded? I am wondering if the original Blank puppet had a deeply nested structure and a cut down iPad app flattened out the hierarchy (or something like that). Any layers that get renamed Ch thinks of as "the old layer was completely deleted, including its children, but oh, here is a new layer - I will load that up." Any behaviors on the old layer tree would be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can get everything on the screen for a screen shot, but this should give you a pretty good idea.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 4.40.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, looks fine. How were you moving the puppet? Dragging with mouse? Moving you head with camera? The basic structure looks fine without layer structure being lost. Also note the finger with circle icon in the rigging hierarchy? They are triggers, so it kept them. That leads me to believe the puppet itself is (probably!) fine, its more triggers or draggers etc were not armed in the scene when in record mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines