• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator 22.5 is now live: Starter Mode, Quick Export, and more...

Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator version 22.5 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. We're happy to announce Stater Mode, Quick Export, Auto-swapping artwork, and Leader/Follower behavior.

What's new?

Starter Mode:

Starter mode for Character Animator is for everyone, and you don't need any subscription to use it. Starter mode offers a streamlined interface that performs, records, and exports characters. You can start animating through live performance, triggerable poses, and emotions. You don't have to be an expert rigger. Upgrade to Pro mode when you are ready. For more information, see Animate a Puppet with Starter mode.

Differences between Starter and Pro mode

Quick Export:

You can export animations quickly in Starter mode and Pro mode. Export your animations directly in the H.264 codec using Quick Export. Choose a Match Source preset to automatically have settings like resolution and frame rate match your sequence, or select from a list of common video resolutions. For more information, see Export a scene or puppet.

Auto-swapping artwork and Leader/Follower behavior:

Auto-swap lets you automatically switch between different artwork layers, like a hand or arm position, like your puppet moves. This allows your character to have a more customized, frame-by-frame look for certain elements mixed with real-time performance capture. For more information, see Switch artwork with Auto-swap.

How to update Character Animator to version 22.5?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find Character Animator in the list and click Update.

CH 22.5.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 22.4, and version 22.5 is not on my CC page, even after refreshing. It tells me it's up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my VPN. Wish CC would give people a head up on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help! my sound works perfectly in all programs other than character animator. ALl my setttings are the same in there as they are in all other programs but no sound. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  It auto updated and now I can't open it.  I keep getting the following internal error code, and then it shuts down immediately:

Internal error code: (709144344:236+9) getParentTrackCPath called but getParentTrackCPath not set.  

I'm on a deadline, and I don't need this crap right now.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines