• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Body Track flickering legs and arms

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm testing the Character Animator Body Tracking on the Hopscotch Puppet and I can't get rid of the annoying flickering for the legs or arms. I've tried multiple ways to eliminate the problem, but nothing worked, such as reducing the Tracked Handles to only the head, the wrists and the heels or eliminating the Dragger Behavior. What should I do? Anyone having this issue? I have to mention that I was wearing a light green (lime green) hoodie and my furniture is yellow & orange. Is it possible that the contrast between my hoodie and the environment to be the problem? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , FAQ , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limited (2 minutes!!!) experience with Character Animator body tracking, but other packages have generally been sensitive to lighting. So I would suggest making sure the lighting in the area you are shooting is good. I have light panels shining from above and below my camera (and its still not great).

Camera based solutions with AI are very cool and easily adoptable, but not as robust as a real mocap suit or VR controllers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you, Alank. I will try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example video would be helpful, but the more noise in the camera signal, the more jitter in the Body tracking output. Lighting does seem like the first thing to check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that if overhead lights dip into the camera's view, with face OR body tracking, stuttering or jitter appears. For body tracking, I suggest making sure your entire body from head to toe has good contrast from your surroundings.

At some point, someone will figure out an optimal setup for most everyone, but Dave's tutorials do make it look simple. Maybe there's a notable difference depending on camera quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines