• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator body tracking now in Beta

Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team is working hard on a version of Character Animator that includes body tracking. If you are interested in evaluating this work in progress, download Character Animator (Beta) from the Beta apps section of the Creative Cloud desktop app.

For more information, see https://adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker or the our official Beta forum thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-beta/feature-focus-body-tracker/td-p/12043365.

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just got the Character Animator Beta and I love it. Tgough one small problem

The Cam has picked up my limbs and is showing the body tracking but nothing happens to the character. I used the exact characters that Dave used and still doesn't work. Though only the face works for some weird reason. Also that my cam is perfectly working with it

Please help

Yash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, very strange, haven't seen this yet - this might be a bug if you're a) using the characters from adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker, b) the body tracker icon is blue in the cam & mic panel, c) the body behavior is armed (red dot on) under behaviors, and d) under tracked handles at least the wrists are checked.

It's very strange that the face is working but not the body. If it persists, if you could share a video of what's happening that would help us isolate it and fix it. Thanks and sorry for the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Thanks. I wonder. My dad told me the characters you explained in your video have to be rigged in order to be set up for Body Tracking. Which Characters are rigged currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - currently only the 6 on https://adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker are rigged for body tracking. If you download those, they should all work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing journey you are all taking!!! 

(So, I downloaded the 6 bodytracker puppets, but an alert says the behaviors are not found...  there is also no body icon next to the cam & mic icons.)

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.17.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you aren't using the Beta version, you're in the normal shipping release. See the beta information on https://adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker. Body tracking was added in 4.3 build 38. If you don't see that version, try clicking the three dots in the corner of the updates tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app and choose "Check for updates." Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!, I had the same problem, but now I make it work, I had to errase the body behavior I used in older adobe character and then added again the behavior, now it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue . I can see the skeleton but no movement 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it sorted .

The puppets which are inbuild with beta version doesn't have body behavior hence there is no body movement but if you download the same puppet from adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker you will get the body behavior .

I have attached two snapshot to make it more clear 🙂

No body.PNGbody.PNG

Hope that helps

Regards,

Hassan.A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, correct — none of the in-app characters are rigged for body tracking (yet). The examples at 

https://adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker are the only 6 we've added so far. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Will look into it when free thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Super excited to see this one that I made my own character and added limb ik etc to test out. Similar to other responses below the auto tracking of arms, torso and legs are seen in my camera view but it doesn't replicate to character mapping. There is faded red instead of bright red next to limb ik when tracking. So, is it correct I am only limited to using the six ones provided for testing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behaviors like Limb IK, Physics, and Transform are what we call passive behaviors. They don't have to be armed to work - they just work in the background. That's why you see the faded red dot - it just means it's turned on and working.

You should be able to make your own as well though. Make sure you add the Body behavior at the root of the puppet, the same place Limb IK should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive downloaded adobe character animator but i dont see the body tracking part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the beta information on https://adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker. Body tracking was added in 4.3 build 38. If you don't see that version, try clicking the three dots in the corner of the updates tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app and choose "Check for updates." Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This first bug is huge for me, completely unusable in normal conditions. here we go, with tracker off, default camera and obs virtual camera work flawless, normal mouth and head is fine. With tracker on, they lag out and flicker at such a slow speed while trying to process. I can't make heads or tails of the cause. Separately, and not related to the camera errors. I'm using a clip on wide angle lens to avoid having to stand far back. The ik tracker does form joints on me(from what I can see in the flickering camera) so it may be a workaround for those of us with smaller offices. I'm literally using the couch for this and with virtual camera and wide angle, you can see my whole body as if I'm 6-8 feet away from the desk. Also noticed that using this wide angle and standing back reverts the eye gaze to its darker base instinct to derp. So there's good and bad. Any tips on fixing the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!, I had the same problem, but now I make it work, I had to errase the body behavior I used in older adobe character and then added again the behavior, now it works! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this flickering before and usually I feel like it happens when I'm using a heavy puppet or something resource intensive is happening. Usually a reset of the computer fixes it, but it sounds like this one is persistent.

Does this happen to just this puppet or all the example puppets too (the six on adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker)? Have you ever gotten body tracker to work without this flickering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selam

i was having adobe characteranimator version 4.4. and i didnt find body tracker. whay is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Body tracking is not available in 4.4 yet; it is currently in beta testing. See "How can I join the Beta?" on adobe.com/go/ch_bodytracker for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, it's been a while. I hope that you and yours are well.

One quick question...I'm using the Beta version of Ch and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Problem is, all of a sudden I keep getting a "failed" message after exporting the video into the Beta Version of Me. I was able to create 6 puppet videos with both Beta versions. Now I can't. Any suggestions? I realize that this is a R&D version, but I love it so much, I'd hate to have to go back to the older version (that I used to love).

Thanks for your response in advance. Be safe out there!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Make sure you update the beta of Adobe Media Encoder as well, and you're using that instead of the normal shipping version of AME. If CH & AME are not both the latest beta versions, you can run into export issues. You can also just open up AME Beta and import the beta .chproj file directly into there instead of doing the File > Export route in CH. Let me know if that doesn't work for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you for your input. Both are updated, I wish that was the problem.

Thanks again…be safe.

Patience is the power that forces deception to reveal itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines