• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Camera

Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get frequent posts from users that cannot get the camera to work with Character Animator. I have my own set of troubleshooting tips, but I think it's far from comprehensive. Is there a HelpX topic for troubleshooting CH camera issues? If not, there should be. 

For the record, here are my tips:

1. Make sure that the camera is working in other apps. Check the drivers.

2. Close any other app that might be using a camrea, such as Zoom.

3. Open up the camera menu and make sure that your camera is selected.

I could use some more tips.

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vaguely remember things like resolution or aspect ration of the camera could make a difference.

There was also something about not all types of cameras work (something to do with the driver type?).

Also lighting and shadows on the face (if the camera works but is not tracking well) is another thing to check.

But cameras I generally leave to Adobe staff - too hard for me! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the app. I am signed into my account. In Starter Mode. ALL dropdown Menus are greyed (screen shot of one for reference). Camera works in other apps. No other apps using cam or mic currently.  Restarted computer,  switched USB ports for cam and mic (even though they work fine in other apps), etc.  

Screenshot 2022-08-19 170159.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:
I think the Adobe instructions are wrong. I went ahead and grabbed a puppet. I was able to record video and audio. Cam and mic came on automatically when I started recording. Controls are STILL greyed out in Menu bar but at least I can play with it. Suggested edit to https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/starter-mode.html  attached (this was my experience, anyway.)

"Camera and tracking calibration" (ADD "via the gear icon in bottom right corner")

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines