• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator crashes when i try to import an illustrator file

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The template puppets work but once i try to import an illustrator file with my puppet character animator freezes and crash. I will really appreciate any help i can get on this.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share your AI files as a shared link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamurai,

I am sorry for the late response but here is the link to the illustrator file Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported it and it worked for me.

Does only this puppet crash for you? Or does the same thing happen with the sample puppets in the Start panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any puppet i try to add crashes the application but it works with the templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, very strange.

You say this is happening to Illustrator files - do Photoshop files work?

With the templates, both the Photoshop and Illustrator versions work?

How about other templates like the ones on http://adobe.com/go/chexamples and http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/ ?

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Can you post your computer specs?

I'm wondering if it's related to just Illustrator, or something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamurai,

Thank you so much for replying to all my messages. I am not very familiar with photoshop so i haven't used it. i downloaded the wilk puppet and try to import the illustration version but the application crashed but the photoshop version was installed successfully. I think you are right to think that the problem is probably with illustrator. I use Adobe Cloud Services so i have the latest version of illustrator. I have also attached my computer spec.

Thank you

Tao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The recommended RAM is 16GB for After Effects and CH - so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I also wonder if an uninstall / fresh reinstall of AI would help?

I'm at a loss though. If you've updated your system, apps, drivers, etc - everything should just work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem - updated everything using Creative Cloud and tried to import an AI file to Character Creator (slight pause then crash)

I then noticed that my version of Character Creator was still Beta (even though I was launching the App using the Creative Cloud App). I had a look in the Applications folder on my computer and noticed that I had both the 2019 version and Beta version - deleted the Beta version folder and launched the 2019 version.

My AI files then imported fine

I hope this is the same problem you are encountering and that it solves your problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines