• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator crashes when it tries to activate webcam.

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to use character animator and can only have it run at all while the webcam is disabled. I have tried to use a brand new webcam connected via usb to see whether it was my integrated webcam causing problems. I have also tried to follow other conversations within the forums and disabled/reinstalled drivers, graphics drivers, complete system checks to ensure there are no updates required. When I was running the Beta version of this program, it was able to operate with my integrated camera. Is there anyway of resolving this issue?

All of my other adobe programs work fine, this is the only product that crashes as soon as it tries to activate completely.

Dell Inspirion 15R 5110

Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M CPU
RAM: 6 GB

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel HD Graphics 3000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't changed the camera system, so I'm surprised it used to work and no longer does. Have you tried going back to a beta version to see if it still works?

I'm guessing the Intel HD Graphics 3000 is the problem. Can you force the machine to only use the NVIDIA GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled Intel graphics processor and it wouldn't function at all again.

I also don't have the install or link to get the BETA version again as I got it through creative cloud in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should still be able to see the beta version in the Creative Cloud app. Note that unlike other apps (which have a twirly arrow to show  old versions), it's listed separately: current is "Character Animator CC" (1.1) and the previous is "Character Animator CC (Beta)" which will install Beta 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines