Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator crashing when launched

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm on a Mac (OS 10.15.6) and installed CA recently and could not get it to open. I got fed up with trying so uninstalled it and left it alone for a week or so. Tonight I reinstalled it and have tried to get it to launch. It quiut on launch so I searched and found a link online to someone else having the same problem. They contacted Adobe Help who suggested they ditch the preferences and restart the app. I did this and it actually got past the startup screen and seemed to be working okay.

I then quit the program and tried to restart it again but once again it quit on launch. I therefore binned the preferences a second time and once again it started up. I tried shutting it down and relaunched it. Yes, you guessed it, it quit on launch again. 

I've done this a few times now and it seems the only way I can get the programm to run is if I ditch the preferences first.  This is no good, I can't keep doing this.

Can anyone help please?

Regards

J.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm having similar problems on both a 27" imac and a macbook pro. I'm keeping both as up to date as I can with Mac OS and Character Animator (Beta and normal).

Best Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say, I also have a windows laptop and it works ok on that.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the CC desktop app, does it say "works on this computer" on the right when you go to Character Animator's page? I should note that the Beta is now running on MacOS 11+, and eventually future versions of CH will stop support for older MacOS systems.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 9.50.41 AM.png

As for trashing preferences letting you use the app, that does seem strange. I'll pass this on to the team and report back with anything I hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I heard back:

"Probably the first thing is to start collecting pairs of preferences: the one that got deleted and the one created afterward that worked. A bit of analysis might pretty quickly home in on which of the pref changes is the significant one. Could be a project or most recent camera/audio device getting into a weird state."

If you can share sets of preferences here (working and non working) or in DM, we can take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know i'm late to the party when it comes to crashing.. Adobe character animator seems to crash on startup when it gets to the midi startup portion...  i've sent my results to adobe many times please fix this issue.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that - I have not heard of that crash. When it happens, please send the crash report dialog that should pop up with notes - that will go directly to the developers and help us fix the issue for future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 year later it still crashes on startup on a mac any updates ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines