• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator error when saving to file server

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save my puppet in Character animator on my file server I get this warning:

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-02 om 10.36.46.png

Is it really not possible to save on my file server?

TOPICS
Crash , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

We recommend only saving projects locally because if one of the supplemental files in Ch Data get out of sync, it can mess the whole project up. If you save it on a server or cloud system, we recommend zipping everything up before doing that. Ideally this will be easier in the future with a single file format that includes all of this extra stuff, but for now, this is your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recommend only saving projects locally because if one of the supplemental files in Ch Data get out of sync, it can mess the whole project up. If you save it on a server or cloud system, we recommend zipping everything up before doing that. Ideally this will be easier in the future with a single file format that includes all of this extra stuff, but for now, this is your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know how far away this is? - curious as it would be ULTRA handy to be able to save to our work server (like all the other files we normally would)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no ETA I know of currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a similar error. I created the project 2 years ago, locally. I archived it to our company server and and reusing the project again. After pulling it back down locally, I receive a similar error. Is there no way to open these back up after saving to a server? 

Error 22.2x62

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the files off the file server to a local disk drive, then try opening the project. File servers do not always implement the "Lock" OS file system API, so Character Animator cannot lock the file to prevent modifications by other processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maye my statement was confusing but that is what I did. Created locacally. Moved to server two years ago. Moved back locally, but can not open up now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some software like cloud share that is trying to sync files to the cloud in the background? That can cause conflicts as well. (The cloud sync software tries to copy the files to the cloud, blocking CH from getting an exclusive lock on the files.)

Does the error show a path name of a file that it is failing to open? Could it be some files are still on the file server? No idea otherwise sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing that I can think of. I've disabled OneDrive and iCloud on this PC. I haven't had trouble before with this. Wondering if it something in my workflow + an older version of CH that's not allowing this to work in 2022. Thanks for your effort. I think I'll just start a fresh project and take it from there. Thank you for your time @alank99101739 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines