Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator - Face Orientation Issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So I'm having some issues when I introduce the behavior Head Turning to my characters.  I'm getting some pulling/warping going on with the eyes as well as my eyelids don stay on the eyes.  As I turn they float off of them.  I tried checking all my tags and looked at my .ai file to see if I mislabeled anything or put it in the wrong order.  I can't see to see what I'm doing.  Some help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Thanks for the file, I took a closer look - it looks like the lids aren't lined up in the artwork itself:

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 9.47.53 AM.png

That's the issue. Go back to the AI and toggle all those layers on to ensure they line up properly. That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is the link to download my character.  If you check it out please let me know what you find wrong.

Wink 2.puppet - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With head turns it may make sense to make more parts independent. Note Wilk from http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/ - his eyes, mouths, etc are all independent so they won't pull/warp during the turns. If this causes them to float off too, use the staple tool to keep them fixed into place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok I'll try using the staple tool.  I did download Wilk and studied him a lot.  I noticed only in the Frontal layer were more head parts independent then the other layers.  Was that done on purpose?  It just seem like I have something wrong going on.  I'll keep working on it.  Again thank you so much for getting back to me I really do appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the staple tool and the pin tool.  My lids are all over the place.  It really doesn't make sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file, I took a closer look - it looks like the lids aren't lined up in the artwork itself:

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 9.47.53 AM.png

That's the issue. Go back to the AI and toggle all those layers on to ensure they line up properly. That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave you are the man!  You were dead on!  I don't know how I missed that.  Thanks so much I truly appreciate all your help, i really do.  Love your tutorials keep them coming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines