Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator file saving

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I do not understand the method of saving the files on disk.
I for example create a file at nine in the morning and work on it for a few hours. the file size is zero bytes and in the file information it say: and is created and modified at nine in the morning. Although I've been working on it for a few hours now. when i use the dynamic link to import to after effect im not gating the last save vartion but the one that was save when i creat the project.

please help

thank you

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to worry about. That is the nature of CH. The project files will always be zero bytes. That does not mean that your projects are not being saved. It's just the way this program handles things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your answer
but the point is when i import with  dnamic link to after effect im not gating the last save vartion but the one that was save when i creat the project.

and when i look at the file info to see when it was last update - i dont see it

i go back to the CH projert do save again - but it again not update in dnamic link

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand. Hopefully someone with more experience with Dynamic Linking can share their thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use Dynamic Link much either, but be aware that saving the Illustrator/Photoshop file does not get picked up by Ch until Ch gets window focus. When it sees the change, that is probably want triggers the update in AE. So saving in Illustrator etc alone probably won't update in After Effects, you need to open Character Animator window, let it notice and process the changes, then flip to After Effects.

Ch watches for file updates by file changes on disk. That is not how Dynamic Link works - the two programs "talk" to each other via APIs... I think! So how updates are spotted is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines